Chiang Mai Immigration has announced that from Thursday, July 23rd, the immigration office at Promenada Mall will reopen to deal with specific visa services.
Immigration services in Chiang Mai were relocated to the Immigration Bureau Office near Chiang Mai airport on March 23rd due to the closure of Promenada Mall from coronavirus lockdowns.
While the Immigration Bureau Office will remain open, some visa services will relocate to the Promenada Mall location. These include:
1. All visa services for tourism purposes
2. Notification of staying in Thailand for longer than 90 days (90-day reporting)
3. Education visa requests for public and private educational institutions
4. Services for anyone who used to have Thai nationality or has a Thai parent visiting relatives or returning to their homeland
5. Emergency visa extensions with certification from an embassy or consulate
Source: Chiang Mai Immigration