Bangkok has joined a host of other provinces across Thailand by banning alcohol sales for 10 days between April 10th and April 20th.
The announcement was confirmed by Police Capt. Pongsakorn Kwanmuang on Thursday and has been put in place to try and stop gatherings and the spread of coronavirus.
The ban has come just before the postponed Songkran holiday celebrations and follows numerous other provinces such as Chiang Mai, which announced a ban on selling alcohol yesterday.
Here is a full list of provinces which currently have a ban on selling alcohol:
- Bangkok, April 10th – April 20th
- Suphan Buri, April 4th – April 30th
- Nakhon Pathom, April 2nd – April 30th
- Samut Songkhram, April 1st until further notice
- Rayong, April 3rd – April 15th
- Lamphun, April 1st – April 30th
- Chian Mai, April 10th – April 20th
- Phitsanulok, April 1st until further notice
- Surin, April 2nd – April 30th
- Sakon Nakhon, March 31st – April 16th
- Buri Ram, April 2nd – April 30th
- Mukdahan, April 6th – April 30th