This morning (Friday, March 27th), the Ministry of Public Health and the Department of Disease Control confirmed that there are 91 new cases of coronavirus (covid-19) in Thailand.
The new virus cases bring the total number of confirmed covid-19 infections in Thailand up to 1,136.
In addition, the announcement confirmed one additional death, bringing the total deaths from coronavirus in Thailand up to 5 with 2 additional Thai nationals passing away in New York over the past couple of days.
The details of the new cases are split into 2 groups – those connected with previously confirmed cases and new cases – as follows:
Those connect with previously confirmed cases:
- 5 people from the “boxing match cluster”
- 7 people from a nightclub cluster
- 18 people who are close contacts with previously confirmed cases
- 10 people back from abroad (9 Thais and 1 foreigner, most were stopped at the airport screenings)
- 5 individuals who were working with many people
- 46 cases who are being identified and traced currently
In addition to these cases, the newly announced death was confirmed to be a patient located in the southern Narathiwat province.
The two Thais who passed away in New York were confirmed to be a 50-year-old man in Queens Borough, and a 50-year-old in Manhattan. These cases took the number of Thais who have died from coronavirus in the United States to 3.
Source: The Pattaya News