The Thai Prime Minister, Prayut Chan-o-cha, has authorized the police force and army to find and quarantine all Thai citizens who fled the airport last night.
They are now seeking to locate a total of 166 Thai citizens who arrived on five different flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok on Friday night.
The people being sought after include:
- 16 people on flight TG 641 from Japan
- 19 people on flight NH 847 from Japan
- 76 people on flight JL 31 from Japan
- 44 people on flight SQ 976 from Singapore
- 11 people on flight GR 832 from Qatar
The authorities wish to find these people as soon as possible so they can be placed in quarantine for 14 days.
As a result of the chaos last night, all inbound flights and some outbound flights have been canceled with immediate effect until Monday, April 6th.
If you were planning to fly out of Thailand this weekend, please ensure you check with your airline before traveling to the airport.