A Bangkok resident has warned joggers to exercise caution after claiming that someone tried to poison him at Makut Rommayasaran Park in Nonthaburi.
The incident happened last Friday evening at approximately 8.30 pm when Wirot Silabaht was jogging in the park.
He has left his water bottle unattended on a park bench near a field that is used to play takraw. After around half an hour, he returned to the bench and drank from the water bottle that had remained sealed and unopened.
However, he noticed that the water tasted different and immediately grew suspicious. Mr. Silabaht explained the situation on a Facebook post, writing:
“I didn’t suspect anything at first because I always drink this brand, so I drank one-third of it and took it with me back to my office. Then when I was in the office, I felt my body acting weird. I felt my head spinning and shortness of breath. I felt nauseous and almost blacked out, so I asked others to take me to a hospital.”
After closer inspection of the water bottle, Mr. Silabaht discovered a small piercing near the top of the plastic.
He went to a local hospital, and after a series of tests and scans, the doctor informed him that he had likely consumed a poisonous substance.
After reporting the incident to police, Mr. Silabaht has been asked to inspect and photograph his water bottle every day to see if the event happens again.
His Facebook post went viral, with many commenters speculating that a thief may have drugged his water to steal his belongings.
Another commented that they will always check their water bottle before drinking from now on.