Public transport in Bangkok including the MRT, BTS, Airport Rail Link, and BMTA Buses will increase in frequency in an attempt to get people home before the 10 pm curfew.
The increasing trips will also facilitate social distancing for people using public transport like trains and buses will have fewer people in each section.
The increased frequency is listed below:
- Blue Line – First train at 5.30 am, last train at 9.30 pm. Trains will run every 3.5 minutes.
- Purple Line – First train at 5.30 am, last train at 9.30 pm. Trains will run every 4.5 minutes.
- Sukhumvit Line – Additional 15 trains will be deployed during rush hour.
- Silom Line – Additional six trains will be deployed during rush hour.
Airport Rail Link
- Two trains will be added to the inventory. Additional 10 trains will be deployed during rush hour. Trains will run every 7.5 minutes from 7 pm until 9.30 pm.
- Buses will run from 5 am until 8 pm. The frequency of buses will be increased with buses leaving very five to 10 minutes.
Source: Facebook/PR Thai Government
If you have any stories to share, a review or event you would like us to cover, or an issue to discuss, please contact Sawadee Siam News.