The government reported only seven new coronavirus cases today, Thursday, April 30th, and no new deaths.
For the first time, there were no new cases reported that came from contact with previously infected patients. Rather, four cases were found using active detection with the other three recent returnees from Malaysia.
The cases were discovered in Phuket, Krabi, and Songkhla. It is the fourth day in a row where the number of new cases has been in single digits.
However, it is always worth remembering that Thailand has a meager testing rate, and the real figures are likely to be much higher.
Dr. Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesperson for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration also announced that some businesses and activities can resume from May 3rd.
The groups included are:
- Community, fresh, and flea markets
- Street vendors, restaurants, and dessert shops that are not located in department stores
- Supermarkets, small retail stores, and sitting areas at local stores
- Parks and outdoor exercising areas that do not require contact and where social distancing can be maintained
- Hairdressers and barbers for cutting, cleaning, and drying only
- Pet grooming and veterinary clinics
The businesses must observe strict hygiene measures and will be closely monitored over the next 14 days to see if they can remain open.
Source: Department of Disease Control