A variety of businesses, venues, and activities are under consideration for reopening as part of the next phase of easing the covid-19 lockdown restrictions including bars, wet massage venues, and sporting competitions.
The third phase has so far proved successful with millions of people using the ThaiChana application to check-in and out of shopping malls and other businesses that have reopened over the past few days.
The number of locally-transmitted coronavirus cases has remained low during this period prompting the government to invite business owners from venues that remain closed to discuss measures needed that would allow them to resume operations.
The spokesman for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, Dr. Taweesilp Visanuyothin, said the business resumption committee would look into reopening 12 types of businesses over the coming weeks. He said:
“The government will be hearing from the operators what they would do to prevent disease transmission and we will see how we can cooperate.”
The list of places being considered for the next phase of reopening include:
1. Educational institutes for training, exams, and regular classes.
2. Elderly care centers and nurseries.
3. Science attractions and museums.
4. Meeting rooms with a capacities exceeding 200 people.
5. Film and television production with crews larger than 100 people.
6. National parks with some areas remaining restricted.
7. All activities on beaches nationwide.
8. Game centers, amusement parks, and playgrounds.
9. Full use of equipment in gyms and fitness centers, and sports stadiums.
10. Convention halls for concerts, events, and expos.
11. Entertainment venues including bars, pubs, and karaoke.
12. Large massage parlors including soapy and wet massages, baths, and saunas.
Some of the venues under consideration have already resumed limited services with the discussions about the next phase planned to allow full resumption of all services at those premises.
For instance, the discussions will look at allowing contact competition sports at stadiums with the possibility of allowing some spectators in the stadiums.
It is expected that a decision will be made regarding the next phase of reopenings over the coming days with implantation by the end of this month.
Source: Bangkok Post